Love me a Mexican breakfast..
- Beach Chick Jan 28, 2013 08:22 AM
For me, there is nothing more delicious than warm flour tortillas, scrambled eggs with avocado, chile, beans and rice all folded up ready to eat.
Just had a chile relleno for breakfast from last nights dinner...heaven
Soy Chorizo is fantastic and from what my meat lover friends say, you cannot tell its made with soy..scrambled up with warm tortillas.
What's your fave Mex breakfast items?
I love this dish. Especially my version.
Ladle a bit of salsa onto the bottom of a plate (so the tortillas don't stick)
Top with a corn tortilla.
Slather on a good amount of refried beans (I add chopped chilies to my rfb)
Top with another tortilla.
Cover with a good amount of salsa
Lay sunny side egg on top
Sprinkle with shredded Jack cheese
Sprinkle with broken up fried chorizo (removed from skin)
Garnish with chopped cilantro/green onion mixture.
Break open egg yolk and enjoy.
Not exactly traditional however I did have a Mexican tell me it was a lot closer than what I though.
When I lived in San Diego, I had machaca and eggs quite frequently. Or breakfast burritos. Or chilaquiles.
1) Torta de lechon w/ chicharrones & habanero salsa,30&30th in Playa del Carmen, under the blue tarp.
2) Huevos motulenos, fruit plate in Yucatan
3) Migas at Cisco's bakery in Austin
4) Pan dulce and cafe at any Sanborns in DF
5) huevos revueltos, with real Mexican bacon (hard to find)
6) omelette with cheese and huitlacoche, topped with a warm thin red sauce
7) Not Mexican, but my new Bahamian b'fast is callled "fire engine"; Google it.