splendid at Splendido
We ate at Splendido the night of the big snowstorm and it was one of the better meals I've had in recent memory.
We ordered from the new menu and loved everything. We had the agnolotti and pork belly appetizers, the veal chop and lobster mains, and shared the goat milk cheesecake dessert. Everything was great, but I especially loved the agnolotti, the veal (although my wife preferred her lobster), and the dessert. The dessert also came with some small sweets including a fantastic cardamom macaron.
I will definitely be back.
- Brioche Ice Cream. Wish they'd bring that back!
- Apple Crumble for 2 was surprisingly good (I usually don't like this kind of dessert). Good enough to consider re-ordering.
- Corn Bavarois
- Brioche Nougatine
- Hidden Bench Fried Hen Egg "Coq Au Vin,"
- Lamb Shoulder & Sweetbreads
- Whipped chateau de Bourgongne en Brioche