High to Moderate End Miami Restaurants that are Kid Friendly - 2 Lunches and 2 Dinners
My family and I will be visiting Miami in a few weeks and would I would like to take them out to 2 nice dinners and 2 nice lunches. One of the dinners can be high end and the other Moderate. The kids are 5 and 1. They are well behaved and eat out all the time. We are used to dining out at high end restaurants but have found some to be less than cordial to young children. We have had some fantastic experiences at Joel Robuchon restaurants and several others both in the US and abroad thanks to posting on Chowhownd! Any help would be appreciated!!
There are very few places in Miami that are so high-end that you would feel out of place dining with kids. But I'd still factor in availability of outdoor seating and noise level in making a decision. The places I'd suggest:
- Bourbon Steak - upscale steakhouse (and if you don't love steakhouses, I don't either, but this is one of my favorite restaurants in town anyway - excellent food, excellent service).
- Michael's Genuine - for dinner or lunch. More mid- than high-end, but another of Miami's top restuarants. Outdoor seating, bustling dining room.
- Nemesis Urban Bistro - creative, eclectic menu. Very small place but still kid-friendly.
- Makoto - somewhat higher-end sushi / Japanese restaurant in Bal Harbour.
- Harry's PIzzeria - creative pizzas in Design District, lunch or dinner.
- The Federal - creative gastropub type place.
- Josh's Deli - new-generation Jewish style deli, everything made in-house - breakfast or lunch.
These are somewhat spread out geographically, if you wanted to stay in a particular area you should let folks know that so their suggestions can be tailored appropriately.