HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >

My Grandmother's Revere Ware

joymac Jan 15, 2013 03:13 AM

I have these little two handled dishes/pans. I can't find a picture of them on the Internet. My grandmother always used them for extra pie crusts. They can also be used to sauté/broil in the oven. They are about 6 inches. What are they called? I'd upload a picture, but am trying to locate them between two houses.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. j
    joymac RE: joymac Jan 17, 2013 02:44 AM

    I found out they are au gratin dishes. They are stainless with copper bottoms. Still cannot find an exact picture of them.

    1. j
      joymac RE: joymac Jan 22, 2013 05:53 AM

      Here's what they look like.

      3 Replies
      1. re: joymac
        INDIANRIVERFL RE: joymac Jan 22, 2013 08:56 AM

        For a guy who haunts thrift shops and flea markets primarily for cookware, I have never seen those.

        1. re: INDIANRIVERFL
          joymac RE: INDIANRIVERFL Jan 22, 2013 02:24 PM

          A friend on FB said " these where a set of baking dishes (au gratin) and were a 'premium' included with promotional revere ware sets". I'm thinking they are from the 1950's. I found a picture of some on Ebay, but the copper goes all the way to the top.

        2. re: joymac
          CaliforniaJoseph RE: joymac Oct 30, 2013 11:33 PM

          pre-1968 Au gratin pans. Are you interested in keeping them or would you like to put them on the market?

        Show Hidden Posts