HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >


Dual use Fagor pressure cooker/fryer question

  • 4

I have an old 6 qt. fagor pressure cooker/fryer that can use either oil (for broasting) which is what I like to do , or I can use water to make an artichoke, etc. where do I find the dual use (oil or water)? I am getting confused looking on Internet . I really just want to do my broasted chicken again on stovetop with pressure/fryer

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. If you're referring to the Fagor model with the clamping bar across the top, I believe it is (or used to be) marketed as the "Fagor Pressure Magic" cooker and/or the "Fagor Supercooker." You could try Googling those names to get a source for the instruction manual. Hope this helps.

    1. You're confused because manufacturers, like Magefesa, are still making and selling those pressure cookers. However, the manufacturers no longer market these cookers as pressure fryers because of the liability.

      Here's one: http://amzn.to/1weiInG

      Good luck on your hunt!



      P.S. Both Magefesa and Fagor are brands of Groupe SEB.

      1. www.pro-selections.com, is a name to contact that carries the Fagor pressure cooker/fryer for making broasted chicken (the manufacturer emailed me )