Gastrofestival 2013 in Madrid (19 Jan - 3 Feb)
From 19 January to 3 February, Madrid will become a festival for the senses as the fourth Gastrofestival gets underway. This is the time to find out more about gastronomy and enjoy its connections with a range of artistic disciplines. This year’s programme features:
* Dinner with stars. For €75 customers can sit down to a menu specially prepared for the occasion by one of the top international chefs invited to this latest Gastrofestival event.
* Degustatapas. Just €3 will get you a small bottle of beer and a tapa from a range of scaled-down versions of dishes of the bars and restaurants where they are served.
* Special offers. The festival is committed to making gastronomy more accessible for all food lovers. To make this happen, some restaurants are taking the step of offering a menu for €25 or €40, depending on the establishment.
* Routes. A new feature is the Route for the Sweet-Toothed, for those who want to discover some of the city’s most tempting cake shops. Another fascinating route is based on Colombian Coffee, a product that will be available for tasting in places like Casa Lucio and Pastelerías Mallorca.
* Gastroculture. For the first time, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, the Museum of Romanticism and the Lázaro Galdiano Museum are set to be joined by the Prado Museum, which will be offering the Artistic Banquets educational tour. The itinerary takes in some of the works that illustrate the importance of food and meals in the art world. Tours will run on Wednesdays (11am) and Thursdays (5pm), from 8 to 31 January.
* Tasting. During the 15 days of Gastrofestival many of Madrid’s bars, specialist bookstores an dwine shops will be offering tastings. A good many cocktail bars, including Museo Chicote and O’Clock, will be mixing some original drinks, and eco shops and restaurants will be featuring delicious healthy dishes on their menus.