Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Dec 25, 2012 07:49 AM

What is this?

I got this in some of my late mom's stuff. Can anyone tell me what it is?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. My best guess it that it is something one might use to cut fat into flour for making pie crust etc.

    1. Are you sure that this has anything to do with food?

      How big is it?

      Looks like a cap-bomb to me.

      1. how many inches is it length?
        is the handle made of wood?
        is the fan shaped other end made of metal?

        1. Is it for cutting steam vents in pie crusts?