Your Top 5 Sandwiches in DFW
Hoping to get some good ideas. Limit your response to 5 and only 1 per restaurant (or I might just list 5 from Jimmy's). Mine, in no order, are:
1. Banh Mi Dac Biet at #1 Banh Mi in Saigon Mall Food Court
2. Philly Roast Pork at Jimmy's
3. Bacon Cheeseburger at Angry Dog
4. Falafel Sandwich at Fadis (what can I say? I love the pickled jalapenos)
5. Media Noche from International Bakery
So these aren't too sophisticated, but I don't always get sandwiches wherever I go. and I didnt include burgers, which I put into a whole other category:
Po Fred's at Fred's downtown Philly (I go to the one in plano)
Skinny chicken at the woodshed (ft worth)
The club at Olenjack's (Arlington)
The breakfast on a bun at the grape
And I'm sorry, but I Love the Wreck at potbelly (anywhere)
We originally had this list but a lot of those places are sadly either not with us or do not make a great sandwich
As always I can't really narrow down my list to just five sandwiches and they are in no order.
1 Pate Banh Mi with butter at La Me in Garland/Dallas. If you are going to go big might as well put butter on it.
2 The Classic at Hopdoddy in Dallas. You just need to taste how they season the meat and nothing else.
3 The Vet at Fred's Downtown Philly in Carrollton
4 Falafel or Lamb Shwarma at Villa in Carrollton
5 Smoked Salmon Club at SeaBreeze in Plano
6 The Veggie Burger at R+D Kitchen in Dallas
7 Kabob Roll at Al Markaz in Carrollton (have to ask for a fresh one
)8 Korean BBQ Banh Mi at Pho is for Lovers in Dallas
9 Special Pork Pancakes at North China in Plano (Steamed buns but you eat em like sandwiches)
10 OWP Corned Beef at Off Site Kitchen in Dallas
I don't eat a lot of sandwiches but, I do like; (In no particular order)
1. Chicken Parmesan - Farnatchi.
2. Mediterranean - Farnatchi.
3. Any Cheeseburger - Off-Site Kitchen.
4. Nova Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, & Red Onion on Plain Bagel-Deli-News.
5. Pastrami on Rye with mustard - Deli-News.