Your Top 5 Sandwiches in DFW
Hoping to get some good ideas. Limit your response to 5 and only 1 per restaurant (or I might just list 5 from Jimmy's). Mine, in no order, are:
1. Banh Mi Dac Biet at #1 Banh Mi in Saigon Mall Food Court
2. Philly Roast Pork at Jimmy's
3. Bacon Cheeseburger at Angry Dog
4. Falafel Sandwich at Fadis (what can I say? I love the pickled jalapenos)
5. Media Noche from International Bakery
I don't eat a lot of sandwiches but, I do like; (In no particular order)
1. Chicken Parmesan - Farnatchi.
2. Mediterranean - Farnatchi.
3. Any Cheeseburger - Off-Site Kitchen.
4. Nova Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, & Red Onion on Plain Bagel-Deli-News.
5. Pastrami on Rye with mustard - Deli-News.
We originally had this list but a lot of those places are sadly either not with us or do not make a great sandwich
As always I can't really narrow down my list to just five sandwiches and they are in no order.
1 Pate Banh Mi with butter at La Me in Garland/Dallas. If you are going to go big might as well put butter on it.
2 The Classic at Hopdoddy in Dallas. You just need to taste how they season the meat and nothing else.
3 The Vet at Fred's Downtown Philly in Carrollton
4 Falafel or Lamb Shwarma at Villa in Carrollton
5 Smoked Salmon Club at SeaBreeze in Plano
6 The Veggie Burger at R+D Kitchen in Dallas
7 Kabob Roll at Al Markaz in Carrollton (have to ask for a fresh one
)8 Korean BBQ Banh Mi at Pho is for Lovers in Dallas
9 Special Pork Pancakes at North China in Plano (Steamed buns but you eat em like sandwiches)
10 OWP Corned Beef at Off Site Kitchen in Dallas
So these aren't too sophisticated, but I don't always get sandwiches wherever I go. and I didnt include burgers, which I put into a whole other category:
Po Fred's at Fred's downtown Philly (I go to the one in plano)
Skinny chicken at the woodshed (ft worth)
The club at Olenjack's (Arlington)
The breakfast on a bun at the grape
And I'm sorry, but I Love the Wreck at potbelly (anywhere)