Yang's - Not only fine Dim Sum but they offer awesome Cantonese Cuisine dinner too!!
Whilst most postings about Yang's in Richmond Hill tend to focus on their fine Dim Sum offerings. However, IMHO, their forte is actually their dinner dishes. In some cases, superior in taste to their close by competitors 'The Emperor' or 'Regal 16'.
Tonight, for a change of scenery, instead of 'The Emperor', we had our family dinner at Yang's instead. Nothing too fancy, we selected the following rather down to earth but delicious dishes:
- Free range chicken poached in Rose essence premium top soy
- Fried jumbo king prawns with salted duck egg yolk coating
- Deep fried pork chop with a sweet peppered honey glaze
- Sauteed Chinese Romaine lettuce with garlic, chili and fermented bean curd.
- Stirred fry Yellow fin Garoupa filet mixed wild mushrooms and yellowing chives, sweet sugar snap peas accompaniment.
- Braised Garoupa belly with Tofu hot-pot
- Steamed clay-pot rice with Chinese wind dried preserved meat and sausages
Highlight dish of the evening undoubtedly goes to the jumbo king prawns. Greaseless, this piping hot dish featuring sweet crunchy prawns and a lovely non-soggy salty/savoury egg yolk coating was great on its own or in our case, paired with an off dry Alsace Gewurtztraminer!
With Fantasy Eatery no longer offers the Rose Essence Top Soy chicken due to the departure of their head chef, this Yang's version is the next best offering in town. One can really taste the flavour of the free range chicken and the sauce was near perfect. However, unlike most mushy grain fed chicken, the chewy texture of this free range chicken meat was the factor that puts it over the top!
Lastly, a recommendation by our friendly lady server, the crispy pork chop covered by just the right amount of tangy sweet sauce was very well done!
All in all, a most enjoyable dinner at a place that IMO had been had been overshadowed by its fine Dim Sum reputation!