Functional changes in site makeover?
Some functional changes that went into place with this new design:
- Ability to see which discussions have photos, from a category page.
- Ability to quickly sort category pages in 3 ways (Date of Last Reply, Date of Initial Post, # of Replies)
- Ability to differentiate between an updated discussion and a completely unread discussion from a category page.
- New mobile site which contains a "mobile drawer" allowing for easier navigation around Chowhound and other CHOW pages. This is the red box in the top left of the mobile site, which opens a panel of options.
- Ability to take a picture on your iphone/ipad right from Chowhound, to immediately upload it to a discussion.
That said, a lot of the changes in this initial release were back-end changes, which will allow us to iterate much more easily in the future. This means that you can expect future changes, including functional ones, to come at a faster rate.