need interesting/"different" ideas for dessert party
I'm looking for interesting desserts as well as a few dessert"ish" savory items to serve for a 50th birthday champagne & dessert party. I'd like to include some unexpected items/ingredients, but sometimes, those desserts are more interesting than yummy. Any fun ideas? Maybe something you've made or eaten recently at a restaurant?
This summer I made the most wonderful Thai basil ice cream after trying it in an upscale Thai restaurant. Very refreshing .
I also made bacon caramel ice cream that still needs to played with but the concept was good. I used a traditional vanilla base with swirls of bacon caramel.
My new favorite cookie is smitten kitchens potato chip one. Like a salty/savory Scottish shortbread.
- black pepper panna cotta or ice cream
- olive oil gelato (you can add herbs too)
- pistachio cake or rice pudding with rosewater syrup
- lavender creme brulée
- saffron ice cream
- spiced popcorn ice cream
- peanut curry ice cream
- bacon chocolate chip cookies
- black pepper chocolate cake
- goat cheese brownies
- apple-cinnamon strudel spiked with cayenne
- red chile brownies
- Chinese five-spice chocolate cake or ice cream