Singapore - Dim sum options at Old Hong Kong Taste
The Old Hong Kong Group has been expanding rapidly, and lunch for us today was at one of its newer outlets: Old Hong Kong Taste at myvillage mall,just of Serangoon Gardens circus.
What we had:
- Har gow (蝦餃) - good.
- Siu long bao (上海小籠包) - the skin was very thick here - obviously prepared by Cantonese hands, not Shanghainese ones ;-) Not recommended.
- Bo lo bao with char-siu filling - average.
- Fung chau (鳳爪) - my fave. Fairly good version, though not as spicy as I'd have liked.
- Steamed char-siu buns - good.
- Yong tau fu braised in black bean sauce - average.
- Steamed pork-ribs - fairly tasty, well-marinated prok.
- Kwun tong gau (灌湯餃) - large dumpling in shark-bone soup. Very good.
Pretty standard neighborhood fare. Nice ambience. The quality of dim sum is good enough to bring even picky guests from Hong Kong ;-)
Old Hong Kong Taste
myVillage @ Serangoon Gardens #02-01
Singapore 5566 79
Tel: 6834 3013