Christmas appetizer suggestion, please
make a large batch of polenta, spread in a sheet pan, chill until firm, cut into squares or circles, and refrigerate the pieces overnight. pan-fry the pieces in butter or oil until nicely golden, and top with tomato sauce, pesto, caponata, ratatouille, tapenade, herbed goat cheese or ricotta...if you're pressed for time the polenta can be fried earlier in the day and reheated in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
- dates stuffed with nuts & cheese (or wrapped with bacon)
- crab or shrimp salad in endive boats
- baked brie
- deviled eggs
- puff pastry tartlets
- cheese balls or goat cheese logs flavored with various herbs & spices, nuts, and/or fruits, served with crackers, chips, cucumber slices, homemade veggie chips...
- spiced nuts or popcorn served in paper cups or shot glasses
- smoked salmon toasts
- mini meatballs with dipping sauces