Vice Versa recs?
- TrishUntrapped Nov 24, 2012 04:46 AM
Going to Vice Versa after theater matinee today with a group of seven. I see they have a prix fixe menu along with a la carte. What are your recs?
I haven't been recently, but I would not recommend the prix-fixe. It's their cheapest dishes, so not such a great bargain. I would have a pasta for appetizer, all are good but I particularly like the strozzapreti with duck ragout and the one with lamb meatballs. For mains, the chicken and veal are quite good. Suckling pig has been great sometimes, but not consistently. They do a great job on desserts. Let us know how it works out.
Thanks Rrems, got your message but not till this morning.
We enjoyed our meal at Vice Versa very much. There aren't that many great options in the theater district, but we were very satisfied here. Food was good, solid. Friendly service, no rushing. Crisp, classy decor.
Visitors: If you're looking for a good Theater District restaurant, this one truly fits the bill.
1. Mixed green salad with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.
2. Lobster with cherry tomatoes, and string beans in a balsamic vinaigrette.
3. Marinated eggplant with garlic and parsley.
4. Roasted baby chicken with rosemary and tomato gratin.
5. Prosciutto and cheese stuffed chicken breast with broccoli rabe.
6. Branzino with rosemary, potatoes, and yellow tomato.
7. Veal Chop Milanese with asparagus.
8. Scallops with mashed green lentils.
9. Ravioli di mare with calamari.
10. Half order of pasta with lamb meatballs, Cerignola olives, and pecorino. The guest who ordered this liked it so much, she licked the bowl clean.
11. Complimentary cookie nibbles.
12. The cookie plate included the world's smallest biscotti. ;-)
13. Crispy Apple Basket.