favorite vegan chard recipe?
Looking for some new inspiration for chard. Ideas?
- blanch the chard first to soften, drain, and cut into large pieces
- sauté sliced garlic in olive oil until fragrant and just beginning to turn golden, then remove garlic
- add chopped onion and sauté until lightly browned
- toss in the blanched chard, some dried currants or golden raisins, and toasted pine nuts (add more oil if necessary)
- finish with a splash of good sherry vinegar, and season with salt & freshly ground pepper
This is as simple as it gets - roasted. It does not become crispy - just plain good.
Another of my favourites that I eat a lot each spring in Croatia is simply mashing it into mashed potatoes with olive oil and then season. You can also form this into patties and fry.
I have not yet tried any of these recipes, but these seem good.
Swiss Chard Gratin with Vegan Bechamel:
Creamed (the first recipe uses kale)
Chard could be added to something such as vegan macaroni and "cheese"