What are your top 5 slow cooker dishes?
1. soup stock, either chicken or beef.
2. Korean doenjang jigae
3. curry, either Japanese or Thai
5. chicken thighs with veggies and Italian dressing.
I use this recipe but place it in my slowcooker. I cook it about 3 hours on high, skin. place back in the broth and let it go another 3 hours low. Then I shred it up and leave it in the juices until I serve it.
As you can see it's a very meaty flavor. I don't add tomato paste and will wet the meat with a little of the broth but let the toppings add the heat and lime flavor.
Now I'm craving it! Will have to hunt down a good tongue. :)
Black bean soup
Turkey thighs with a little tomatillo on top- like pulled pork when it is done
whole butternut squash to soften, then peel and seed and back in for soup
It's pretty pork-tactular:
1. Texas pulled pork http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/201...
2 Pumpkin steel cut oats (this recipe slightly modified) http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-coo...
3. Char Siu pork roast http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/slow-...
4. Pinto beans http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pa...
5. Various Bayless recipes from Mexican Everyday. Probably this one because it's a dump and go and it's not pork: http://bowenappetit.com/2011/01/05/ch...