Good burger/casual place before Detroit Film Theater
I'm looking for a good, chow-ish, casual place to have dinner before a movie at the Detroit Film Theater (at the Detroit Institute of Arts) on Saturday, October 20. The movie begins at 9:30. Our party consists of me, my husband, and 12-year-old daughter. My criteria are:
* Located in downtown or mid-town Detroit, or somewhere in the rough triangle of Woodward / Twelve Mile / Jefferson. (Ferndale, Madison Heights, Warren, would be great.)
* Not terribly expensive (i.e., good selection of entrees and sandwiches $10 or less)
* Reasonably good service, not terribly long waits. (We'll probably arrive around 6:00/6:15, and should leave around 8:30 or 9:00 depending on distance from DIA.)
* Serves variety of items in the burgers, sandwiches, pub grub categories. Husband and child's tastes run to traditional and simple; I'm more adventurous.
* Husband likes microbrew beers, I like hard cider, wine, and cocktails, daughter likes Shirley Temples.
Thanks so much.
Thanks, everyone. I believe I will go with Union Street. I've heard good things about it, but I've never been there, which is really strange because I went to Wayne State for my undergrad degree, I was dating my husband when he was working on his master's at WSU, and my husband is adjunct faculty there. I'm way overdue on this visit.
microbrew + cider= motor city brewing
However, the pizza is the main event, not burgers
I say go to green dot stables, which is not too far. It is super tasty and nothing, even final absolution, is over 3 dollars. Super creative menu....
Buccharest has the best shwarmas ever and is attached to the park bar...