Extra Virgin [Kansas City MO]
If it is ever back on the menu, the pork and black beans are delicious. The mushroom and cheese empanadas are great and I love the hummus and the greek salad. I have had the octopus twice - the first time it was fabulous and the second time dry and overcooked. The fig stuffed chicken thighs are good - not too overwhelming, but nice sauce.
I have eaten just about the entire menu at EV (although it does change frequently). It is my favorite restaurant in KC. Here are my thoughts:
* The duck tongue tacos are iconic, and a great conversation item. Unfortunately they are not part of the happy hour pricing, but they are well worth it.
* My favorite dish is the bone marrow with banana peppers and shallots.
* The pork belly is great -- they change up the glaze frequently. Right now I believe it is guajillo, a mild chili.
* The fried duck gizzards are amazing, but the hot sauce is pretty spicy.
* The chickpea fries have a texture like polenta, fried into these thick strips, served with a mustardy sauce
* I like the snail and prosciutto raviolis a lot
* The chorizo and fig-stuffed thighs are a bit sweet for me, but I know a lot of people who love them.
* The mussels are a great happy hour deal, as is the hangar steak.
If I am not very hungry, I'll usually order the cheese plate and a bowl of olives. At happy hour that's just $10. Love it!