Extra Virgin [Kansas City MO]
What are your favorites at Extra Virgin? Thinking of having lunch there (during happy hour).
If it is ever back on the menu, the pork and black beans are delicious. The mushroom and cheese empanadas are great and I love the hummus and the greek salad. I have had the octopus twice - the first time it was fabulous and the second time dry and overcooked. The fig stuffed chicken thighs are good - not too overwhelming, but nice sauce.
I have eaten just about the entire menu at EV (although it does change frequently). It is my favorite restaurant in KC. Here are my thoughts:
* The duck tongue tacos are iconic, and a great conversation item. Unfortunately they are not part of the happy hour pricing, but they are well worth it.
* My favorite dish is the bone marrow with banana peppers and shallots.
* The pork belly is great -- they change up the glaze frequently. Right now I believe it is guajillo, a mild chili.
* The fried duck gizzards are amazing, but the hot sauce is pretty spicy.
* The chickpea fries have a texture like polenta, fried into these thick strips, served with a mustardy sauce
* I like the snail and prosciutto raviolis a lot
* The chorizo and fig-stuffed thighs are a bit sweet for me, but I know a lot of people who love them.
* The mussels are a great happy hour deal, as is the hangar steak.
If I am not very hungry, I'll usually order the cheese plate and a bowl of olives. At happy hour that's just $10. Love it!