Top 5 dishes portland area
What dishes do you crave and lust after the second you leave the resturant?
Please list your top 5 and which resturant serves it.
Must be a dish served in a resturant, your mother does not count.
Must be a dish served in a resturant in portland oregon on within 20 miles of pioneer square.
EVERYTHING at Tanuki
Khao Tod Naem Kook at Chiang Mai
Burmese Red Pork Stew at Tasty & Sons
Rajas con crema at Mi Mero Mole
Bistecca alla Fiorentina at Nostrana
I could probably go for a good 5 more...
No particular order
1. Ken's special sandwich at Kenny and Zukes. Yes Katz's meat is softer and less dry but I like Ken's combination and increased spices.
2. Squid Ink Pasta with hazelnuts, anchovy syrup & egg yolk at Toro Bravo.
3. Apizza Amore at Apizza ascholls
4. Grilled tongue slices at Yuzu
5. Spicy pork noodles at Du Kah Bee
Guess 5 is very hard.
Fun topic! Can tourists play too? Here are some things I crave and lust after from afar that make me want to book my next trip ASAP:
Burgers at Cafe Castagna, Gruner and Matchbox (full sized versions are the best, and CC gets extra points for delightful fries). You people are so lucky, burger-wise.
Cinnamon orange glazed Danish at Nuvrei (not technically a dish but it's perfection in a pastry for me)
lamb rillette at Ned Ludd (and I'm not even a big lamb fan)
cured tuna from Racion (this had better be on their permanent menu at the bricks and mortar)
skate sandwich from Evoe (down to the precisely toasted bun, this sandwich is haunting my dreams).