Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Mexico >
Sep 28, 2012 05:29 PM

what's chuck roast called here?

I wanna make a pot roast and have been underwhelmed by what the butchers have suggested.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. I dont know how it is spelled, but it is pronounced chooka...

    1. What have they suggested--as in, what kind of cut?

      1. Chuck roast is called diezmillo. Usually you see it sliced very thin. Ask your butcher for the size and thickness you want to use. "Kilo y medio de diezmillo en una sola pieza"...for example.


        1. Just thought I'd share this great resource I found when trying to see what I should buy in the market... All the names in both languages! It's funny: I'm Mexican, but I know more meat terms in English than I do in Spanish because of food blogs I read.

          She also has an equivalent for pork.