Home Cooking Dish of the Month (Oct 2012) - Voting
Welcome to the voting thread for the October Home Cooking Dish of the Month!
I'd say the nomination thread was pretty much an E-Ticket ride, but we did end up with some interesting results. If you want to take a chance, and view the wild nomination thread, click here:
If, however, you'd like to see a Dish of the Month thread in productive and inspiring action, check out the September meatball thread here:
You can continue to contribute to the meatball thread while considering your October options.
And now for the October contenders. With an eye toward every dish meeting the ingredient and method criteria, I've added a little extra information. So here are our top contenders, in alphabetical order:
1. CHILI - a stewed dish with some form of chile, along with meat and/or beans.
2. ENCHILADAS - A Mexican dish made by wrapping a filling in a tortilla, then baking in a sauce.
3. LASAGNE - Layered noodles and other ingredients baked in a dish,
4. RAGU SAUCES - Meat sauces, usually for pasta.
5. SAVORY PANCAKES - Pancakes with savory vegetables and/or spices in the pancake batter.
6. SQUASH/PUMPKIN SOUP - Any type of squash, including pumpkin, in a soup.
7. STUFFED SQUASH - Any type of squash, from pattypan to pumpkin, stuffed with any filling.
When you cast your vote, please put your selection in ALL CAPITALS. Also, please try to reply to this original post. It's just easier to count a lot of votes when they are not responses inside of two or three indents. Don't worry or repost if you make a mistake, I'll still find them. And please, if you are discussing a dish after your vote, please keep the dish in lower case. Only one mention in all capitals for your vote.
Voting will remain open until Sunday, September 30th at 8pm Pacific time, 11pm Eastern time, and 3am October 1st GMT. The reporting thread will go up on October 1st.
It's getting nippy out. Get ready for the frost on the pumpkin, and some warming autumn meals!
Yes, Grey - but that is part of what makes it fun for October - Will you do a hard or soft squash? a veggie or meat filling? Will it harken back to summer, or lead you straight into Halloween.... as in a stuffed pumpkin?
I think it sounds like a fun idea - tho, I have yet to vote for this month, as those pancakes are kind of calling my name....
The savory pancakes as described is pretty limited in scope. Vegetables and spices wasn't what I would limit a savory pancake to. So, I can't vote for that category.
Let's see what happens in November.
Have fun all!