HOME > Chowhound > Home Cooking >

Discussion

Concord grape wine

  • 2
  • Share

Someone gave us a bottle of concord grape wine and in a momentary lapse of judgment, I opened it. Can anything be done with this to make it edible? Perhaps reduce it and make a glaze for duck? Or does that just do a disservice to a duck? It pretty much tastes like grape juice; pretty sure my kids would drink it without a problem.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
Delete
Posting Guidelines | FAQs | Feedback
Cancel
  1. I'd be scared it would ruin the food too! Huffington post has a list of unusual uses for wine so you need not consume it.

    1 Reply
    1. re: Musie

      Thanks. I'll go look for that article....right now I'm thinking i'll adding some unflavored jello to make grape wine jello shots and serving it up as a kitschy cocktail. Maybe with some peanut butter and crackers on the side. =).