Kosher @ Costco
Was at Costco in Brooklyn today and I noticed some new items, and some changes
- no more OU Cabot cheddar.
- friddge cases have changed from "bend down and grab" to standard supermarket type fridge shelving. The kosher case was full of boxes- it seemed like the box were cut open and tossed on the shelves without the products being unpacked
- new OU cheese- sugar river pepper jack with garlic and basil.
- usual selection of natural and kosher cheeses, but seemed like a few more varieties. I bought the individual cheese sticks, but I noticed A few types of American style cheese in large blocks.
- fall vegetables are back! Brussels sprouts, haricot vert, kale...
- cookies n cream cheesecake. It had giant pieces of chocolate chip cookies on top and Oreo crumbs in the cake itself. $15.99. Looked delicious!!
- several types of kugel... Looked like more variety than last time I was there.
its marketed as a side dish, but i used it as a desert, it was like an apple bread pudding kind of, somehow it managed to get all caramelized and crunchy even in the microwave, ive served it with a dairy meal with some whipped mascarpone on top and with a meat meal with -wait for it- some browned onions on top
it also freezees really well, which costco did u go to, i going to try to make it there tomorrow and buy them out