Singapore - Food Porn at Porn's
- klyeoh Sep 11, 2012 08:54 AM
Porn's is a cheeky play on the name of the restaurant owner's name, (Mediacorp Ch8 star/TV host) Pornsak Prajakwit. The unassuming Thai restaurant, perched in the middle of a long row of shophouses along Liang Seah Street, served competently prepared Thai food, slightly toned down in its herbal content (perhaps to suit local Singaporean tastes) which appealed to a largely young-ish Singaporean clientele.
Furnishings were spartan - small wooden tables and stools. Service is prompt, efficient and very friendly.
What we tried:
- Tom yum talay (seafood), which packed strong spicy, sour flavors. De-shelled shrimps, fish fillets, squid and straw mushrooms float amongst the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, and red chillies.
- "Gaeng khaew wan gai" (chicken cooked in green curry).
- Pork omelette: deliciously puffed-up egg souffle filled with a generous portion of minced pork.
- Crisp, golden-fried prawn cakes ("tod mun goong"): crisp, bouncy, packed full of flavors. A tad oily for my taste though.
- Olive rice, garnished with shrimps, meat floss, cashewnuts and omelette strips.
28 Liang Seah Street
Tel: +65 6337 5535