1 Lunch and 1 Dinner in San Francisco - Where to Go?
As the title suggests, I'll be making a short trip to San Francisco (my first time there). I know the city has some great restaurants, but it's really hard to choose where to go. I'm really only going to be able to have time for a lunch and dinner (both on this Friday), and I'd like some suggestions.
Here are a couple of things to narrow it down:
- Not too hard to get into without a reservation (or one made with only a few hours' notice)
- Casual dress - I may or may not be dining with some friends who only dress up for court appearances
- It would be awesome if they had some keto-friendly (low-carb) options, or a menu that would facilitate simple substitutions (ie, no starch and extra veggies). For this reason, I'd like to avoid most Asian fare.
- Bonus points if they have a nice cocktail menu
- Additional bonus points if it's somewhere near the airport and/or the Kezar Pavilion
Thanks in advance!
Is it lunch or dinner near the airport?
For dinner and cocktails, try Alembic in the Haight. My only hesitation is that it might be packed, but it's worth a shot if you're passing by. There's not a carb heavy menu. The entrees all have veggies paired to them, but it's not the kind of place where I'd ask for substitutions.
re: Civil Bear
I'm going to throw a big dissenter vote for Cha Cha Cha as being just okay and not worthy of a "1 lunch, 1 dinner" shout-out.
Biggie, there isn't much near the airport but I think Hyperbowler has a better suggestion with Alembic as having great cocktails and more interesting foods for the neighborhood.
I'd go to Lower Haight were you could hit Lers Ros, Supenkuchen, Absinthe, or - for just a great rum cocktail - Slugger's Cove.