1 Lunch and 1 Dinner in San Francisco - Where to Go?
As the title suggests, I'll be making a short trip to San Francisco (my first time there). I know the city has some great restaurants, but it's really hard to choose where to go. I'm really only going to be able to have time for a lunch and dinner (both on this Friday), and I'd like some suggestions.
Here are a couple of things to narrow it down:
- Not too hard to get into without a reservation (or one made with only a few hours' notice)
- Casual dress - I may or may not be dining with some friends who only dress up for court appearances
- It would be awesome if they had some keto-friendly (low-carb) options, or a menu that would facilitate simple substitutions (ie, no starch and extra veggies). For this reason, I'd like to avoid most Asian fare.
- Bonus points if they have a nice cocktail menu
- Additional bonus points if it's somewhere near the airport and/or the Kezar Pavilion
Thanks in advance!
re: Civil Bear
I'm going to throw a big dissenter vote for Cha Cha Cha as being just okay and not worthy of a "1 lunch, 1 dinner" shout-out.
Biggie, there isn't much near the airport but I think Hyperbowler has a better suggestion with Alembic as having great cocktails and more interesting foods for the neighborhood.
I'd go to Lower Haight were you could hit Lers Ros, Supenkuchen, Absinthe, or - for just a great rum cocktail - Slugger's Cove.
Is it lunch or dinner near the airport?
For dinner and cocktails, try Alembic in the Haight. My only hesitation is that it might be packed, but it's worth a shot if you're passing by. There's not a carb heavy menu. The entrees all have veggies paired to them, but it's not the kind of place where I'd ask for substitutions.