Can't seem to get enough (insert food)
I tend to make a habit out of discovering some food, drink or combo I love, then eating it day after day until I get sick of it or move on to my latest and greatest "food kick."
So, with that said. Lately, I can't seem to get enough:
1) Smashed avocado on toasted english muffins, with a sprinkle of sea salt.
2) Biscoff spread. Great as a blob on top of greek yogurt. Throw in some quaker oatmeal squares and you're in gooey-cinnamon-cookie-heaven.
3) Dark chocolate almond milk. Amazing stirred into toasted coconut coffee. Usually I like cream in my AM coffee, but I literally have been jumping out of bed in the morning to make this. Can't complain about that.
What are 3 foods, drinks, or combinations you can't get enough of lately?
A big bowl of fat fresh dark cherries, but sadly that season has drawn to a close.
Really good avocados, this was a good year, to me. I finally started doing what DH does, cut one in half, crosshatch the insides with a dul knife, squeeze lime juice on, squish back and forth to coat, add salt, and enjoy the divine avocado with a spoon. And then plant the pits. It's the law. :)
This is the real guilty pleasure- Kraft mac & cheese, the original in the blue box. I must think I can't get enough of it because I only let myself eat it once or so a year. Maybe have it three times a week for a month and see if I don't get sick of it. I hope.
Really good okra in the summer- I'll eat it raw, it's so good.
What do you do with Biscoff spread? I bought a jar and after tasting it, it's still sitting in the cabinet. I thought I would love it but I don't. I thought I would use it like peanut butter or Nutella, but I don't. It's pretty much liquid cookie. While I love cookies, I wouldn't spread one on a slice of bread.
I don't hate it but I can't figure out a place for it to make sense for me.
it's the end of summer and I always get into this mode
tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of sea salt, topped with basil
peaches, washed and eaten out of hand
fresh soft shell crabs, lightly dusted w/ flour, pan seared and served with a corn and black bean medley (like my fave restaurant does)
1. Guacamole. I eat it by itself, dip pork rinds into it, mix it with whatever protein I'm eating, mix it up in my salad, dip veggies into it...can't get enough!
2. Roasted/BBQed pork. Boston Butts, spare ribs...mmm. Salty, smoky, fatty, and delicious.
3. Skin-on, bone-in roasted whole chickens. Spatchcock method, please! I love picking meat off of the bones.