Can't seem to get enough (insert food)
I tend to make a habit out of discovering some food, drink or combo I love, then eating it day after day until I get sick of it or move on to my latest and greatest "food kick."
So, with that said. Lately, I can't seem to get enough:
1) Smashed avocado on toasted english muffins, with a sprinkle of sea salt.
2) Biscoff spread. Great as a blob on top of greek yogurt. Throw in some quaker oatmeal squares and you're in gooey-cinnamon-cookie-heaven.
3) Dark chocolate almond milk. Amazing stirred into toasted coconut coffee. Usually I like cream in my AM coffee, but I literally have been jumping out of bed in the morning to make this. Can't complain about that.
What are 3 foods, drinks, or combinations you can't get enough of lately?
A big bowl of fat fresh dark cherries, but sadly that season has drawn to a close.
Really good avocados, this was a good year, to me. I finally started doing what DH does, cut one in half, crosshatch the insides with a dul knife, squeeze lime juice on, squish back and forth to coat, add salt, and enjoy the divine avocado with a spoon. And then plant the pits. It's the law. :)
This is the real guilty pleasure- Kraft mac & cheese, the original in the blue box. I must think I can't get enough of it because I only let myself eat it once or so a year. Maybe have it three times a week for a month and see if I don't get sick of it. I hope.
Really good okra in the summer- I'll eat it raw, it's so good.
What do you do with Biscoff spread? I bought a jar and after tasting it, it's still sitting in the cabinet. I thought I would love it but I don't. I thought I would use it like peanut butter or Nutella, but I don't. It's pretty much liquid cookie. While I love cookies, I wouldn't spread one on a slice of bread.
I don't hate it but I can't figure out a place for it to make sense for me.
it's the end of summer and I always get into this mode
tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of sea salt, topped with basil
peaches, washed and eaten out of hand
fresh soft shell crabs, lightly dusted w/ flour, pan seared and served with a corn and black bean medley (like my fave restaurant does)
1. Guacamole. I eat it by itself, dip pork rinds into it, mix it with whatever protein I'm eating, mix it up in my salad, dip veggies into it...can't get enough!
2. Roasted/BBQed pork. Boston Butts, spare ribs...mmm. Salty, smoky, fatty, and delicious.
3. Skin-on, bone-in roasted whole chickens. Spatchcock method, please! I love picking meat off of the bones.
1)I'm with the avocado gang. L.O.V.E. them.
2) Shrimp, just boiled, peeled and deveined.
Since recently moving back to Chicago, my consumption of red meat, pickled vegetables, natural casings, and synthetic nitrates has risen to irresponsible and possibly illegal levels. If I totally disregarded long-term health and short-term gastrointestinal function I could eat all-beef hot dogs, gyros and Italian beef sandwiches five meals a day.
1) Fresh ramen noodles....with all the toppings and more.....
2) Grilled cheese sandwiches....thick slices of French bread and at least 3 representations of cheese with a few perks....thinly sliced ham...avocado....sun dried tomatoes.....carmelized onions....bacon....anchovies....fried green tomatoes.....fried chicken livers....
3) Did I mention fresh ramen noodles with all the toppings yet?
Something Manadonese, probably with rica-rica (I can't remember the other sambal name, but this one's good too).
Bread with extra virgin olive oil, and ful.
Nigiri sushi, moriawase.