Portland restaurant suggestions?
Heading to Porltand and need help to select one to two restaurants in the city as I'm having a hard time as there are so many great ones! Here are my guidelines. Hope you can help me.
- Food that is creative, modern, interesting, unique, which usually means a passionate talented chef
- Not a fan of just traditional French cuisine; French-inspired is fine or fusion with another cuisine or element or techniques
- Must be vegetarian friendly and have good veg options, or even a vegetarian tasting menu would be ideal. My partner is vegetarian and I am not but interested too in the veg offerings. Please note that we're not looking for vegetarian/vegan restaurants but those that are vegetarian friendly.
-Would prefer a tasting menu but not essential
- Prefer something with more veg, fish/seafood than meat, but fine as long as they have veg options
- Prefer to make reservations
- Local seasonal fresh produce, but I see that's the standard in Portland!
- Great local wine list, and pairings with the tasting menu if they have one
- Gourmet dining but friendly, not pretentious or conservative