HOME > Chowhound > Spirits >
Brewing beer, curing meat, or making cheese? Get great advice

Just starting out a cocktail cabinet

Soop Aug 24, 2012 03:33 AM

I'm just putting together a cocktail cabinet: http://www.chow.com/food-news/53883/key-to-the-liquor-cabinet/2/

So far I have most of the stuff, except bourbon (I'm going for Woodford reserve), Triplesec and a few other errata.

Trouble I'm having is the whiskey glasses (or tumblers) that I want to use for short drinks like G&T's rum and coke or whatever. I have a very definite idea of what I want, but I can't find them in the UK.


Hmmm.. Thinking about using science beakers...
^ That's what I'm after (without the branding - something quite square based, and quite round rimmed, but not 100% of either. Do these have a specific name?

  1. u
    ultimatepotato Aug 24, 2012 03:50 AM

    I searched for Whiskey Tumblers and found these:


    1 Reply
    1. re: ultimatepotato
      Soop Aug 24, 2012 05:13 AM

      Thanks dude, I already checked there though - it has to be pretty much exactly the one in the picture. I *know* I've used one before, and I loved the feel of it, but I don't know where.

    2. Dapuma Aug 25, 2012 05:48 PM

      how about this


      1 Reply
      1. re: Dapuma
        Soop Aug 26, 2012 02:04 AM

        Those are perfect.. a little pricey, but at least I have a name!

      2. m
        mkatieq Aug 26, 2012 10:10 AM




        Orrefors made a fantastic square based glass with a good weight to it, but I believe it has been discontinued. It is quite pricy on eBay (£25.92/glass). It's called Orrefors Odyssey. My parents have this as their barware and I love it.


        1 Reply
        1. re: mkatieq
          Soop Aug 28, 2012 01:28 AM

          The 3rd link is perfect! Thankyou very much!

        Show Hidden Posts