Grilled Chicken Sandwich
I've been making a lot of grilled chicken and steak sandwiches lately, but I need to change it up. Give me one or two ingredients to add (not too crazy) to add and let me know what to subtract from my sandwich.
Here's the last one I made.
Two thin sliced cutlets season with S&P, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder and pepper flakes
Grilled onions and tomatoes
Crumbled Jalapeno cheddar
marinate the chicken in yogurt with ginger, garlic, garam masala, lemon juice (chicken tikka).
try blending some major gray's chutney with some sour cream or mayo (or greek yogurt) and then add some finely minced red onion and green and red bell pepper, putting this with your chicken on a nice crusty roll.
mix soy sauce with mayo and garlic/ginger and a little hot sauce, or use pre-mixed teriyaki glaze or a korean stir fry sauce
- Marinate the chicken in olive oil, lime juice, s&p, Aleppo pepper and grated onion and garlic; grill chicken; slice the cutlet thinly and serve in a warmed pita with tzatziki and lettuce, tomatoes and sweet onions tossed in a bit of extra virgin olive oil and s&p. This is also good with leftover grilled steak.
- Season a cutlet with s&p, top with a slice of prosciutto and grill. Great on thinly sliced ciabatta with mayo and grilled green or sweet onions
- With bacon on thinly sliced and toasted ciabatta with remoulade mayo (or chipotle mayo). Sometimes I cook an egg patty super thin and add that with s&p
- With fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil on ciabatta slathered with pesto
- With chipotle mayo, avocado and shredded lettuce on a toasted bun
- In a corn tortilla quesadilla with toasted corn, diced red onions, mashed black beans, lime juice, s&p and jack and cheddar cheese. Top with diced tomatoes, sweet onions, sour cream and guacamole.
pickled grapes (a CHOW recipe)
Russian or 1000 Island dressing
Once fresh tomato season ends, storebought sun-dried tomatoes jarred with olive oil and garlic.
chicken marinated in garlic, lemon, s&p. Grilled, along with some red onion slices
Top with blue cheese. Add shredded romaine or baby arugula, sliced tomato to the sandwich. Ciabatta bun would be good here.
Slice of ham, brie, apple slice and pepper jelly! It's great if you assemble the sandwich and then toast it on the grill gently, too.
I love all the ideas, but was really looking for one additional/one subtraction. Not nine other ingredients. Obviously, if I could turn the chicken into a porterhouse I would. JK. I do like the mashed black bean idea. Instead of bread, might do a soft taco/quesadilla and not grill the onions and tomatos. Basically do a little chicken taco night. Love the other idea, but on a bit of a budget.
And gotta say, one of my favorite at home quick meals is a turkey burger, with grilled granny smith apples and brie with a tiny bit of raspberry jam and some red pepper flakes!
Ditch the jalapeno cheddar but add uncured applewood smoked bacon and fresh pesto. You could probably ditch the avocado and onions as well and just make it a more substantial BLT (especially since fresh tomatoes are so fantastic this time of year.) Had it tonight and the juice of the fresh tomato running down the arm makes it that much better!
Kept it pretty simple. Got some black beans and added some mustard powder and some garlic, seasons the chicken in a dry rub (fairly spicy rub that is meant to be mixed with olive oil for a pasta). Had soft tacos - beans, a little chicken, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce (skipped the cheese and avocado) and added a little pineapple salsa and a dash of Sriracha topped with a little more chicken. Came out pretty good. Actually forgot the cheese, but not biggie. Had enough stuff on it.