Next Toronto Underground Market - August 25, 2012 - Brickworks
Just a heads up, tickets went on sale this morning and already 1/2 sold out.
Really shows the level of interest in these type of food events and having more food options available!
Thanks a lot for the "heads up". We've never been able to purchase tickets for this before because they seem to be sold out before we have an opportunity to buy them. By the way, I am the lady who co-judged the cook off at the CuisineArt event a few weekends back. Looking forward to this event as well!
Not dishes, but some logistical recs born of lots of experience at these types of events:
- Go early. The lines get progressively longer as the night wears on. Some may find that lines and waits are part of the "experience", but waiting 2 hours for a grilled cheese sandwich really isn't my thing.
- Divide and conquer. Send everyone in your party to a different vendor to buy enough to share. Meet at a central point to chow down.
- Bring scissors or a knife to split stuff.
- Bring a tray to carry multiple items.
- Bring loonies and toonies. You'll be able to pay and get out of line faster. And the vendors will love you for it.
Have fun! :)
Yikes. Sold out. Next TUM would probably be crazier since it'll be the 1st anniversary. So for those who missed out for this one, be extra quick for the next one!