Cuban Sandwiches - Manhattan Dish of the Month August 2012
- Dave MP Jul 31, 2012 04:24 PM
Announcing the August 2012 New York City Dish of the Month: Cuban Sandwiches
The goal is to collectively try as many versions of Cuban sandwiches as possible during the month of August! So let's start exploring and eating—report back with reviews and photos of the best Cuban sandwiches you can find.
This is the reporting thread for Manhattan. There's a separate thread for Outer Boroughs here:http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/861174
Looking forward to seeing what people try!
I like the cuban candwich at Sophie's a lot but am curious to know of any others that are worth trying.
Would start with these:
- La Flor de Broadway (Bwy/138th); classic
- El Floridita (Bwy/176th)--with a bit of extra garlic; Dominican-influenced
-Margon (136 w 46th): cheap, good, and near the theatre
-Sophie's Cuban Cuisine (I like the 369 Lex branch)
- Cafe Habana (17 Prince): a bit fancier, but only $9.50 and served for a sit-down dinner.
- El Cobre (95 Avenue A); more like cuban-sliders, but really good.