Catering (with a twist) Suggestions....
Launching an event (2 Saturdays), and need suggestions for catering.
Thoughts & ideas:
- attendance approx 2,000 (in n'out) over a 6-8 hour period
- hors d'oeuvre size (1 or 2 bites)
- worldly (with a twist); Asian, European, Indian, etc.
- maybe, a made-to-order chinese bakery style single bite offerings (is this possible?)
- great flavor profiles and presentation
- alcoholic/non-alcoholic mixologist, too
Oh, and a reasonable budget?
Thanks in advance.
While I think this will still be a challenge that's far more possible. :-) Given what you're looking for I would suggest that you look at the Food Dudes. They have a very large stock menu of finger items that offer some non-traditional flavours. This will be expensive. The staffing requirements alone for something of this size will be very significant. With set-up and tear down plus service you're looking at having staff on site for likely closer to 10 hours. That plus the volume requires ample staff. If you're willing to do platters where people can help themselves instead of passed items you'll be able to save some money. Well the idea of something made to order on site like the bakery idea you spoke of is a nice feature it also adds a min of two additional chef's which are even more expensive than serving staff. Good luck!
To me it sounds like the event is over 2 Saturdays, and not in 2 Saturdays... If it is in 2 Saturdays, then that is going be tough!
Definitely clarify the timing and I am sure people will have recommendations for you