HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Jul 21, 2012 11:27 AM

"vintage" bakeware??

Actually, don't do much baking, but saw these 2 pans in a thrift shop and just couldn't resist. They were marked $.75 each but were HALF PRICE today. One is rectangular and marked EKCO 880 Chicago... has 8 little cups (smalled than a cupcake/muffin) that would resemble MINI bundt cakes without the center tube... maybe 1.5" deep & 2" across MAX. The other i square and marked "made in ENgland" and "seamless hygenic". Has 9 sections, probably no more than half an inch deep & maybe 2" in diameter... 3 with leaf pattern, 3 with shell pattern, & 3 with shell pattern. Fairly cruddy, so trying to clean them up a bit even if they only hang on kitchen wall. Don't think either one is aluminum... each had TEENIEST spots of rust on them. Wish I could figure out how to get a picture from my camera to computer, but haven't figured that out yet.

Tried to find something similar on ebay but no luck. From my description, any idea what they were used for?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. The Ekco is a mini Bundt pan used for cupcakes or muffins.


    The other one sounds like a Madeleine pan.


    2 Replies
    1. re: ChillyDog

      Ekco pan is exactly what's in the picture. Kinda thought other was a madeleine pan... is that a cookie or a cake... either way on the froo frro side, right?!?

      1. re: kseiverd

        Technically a cake but often served as you would a cookie because of the size. See also the discussion here