Seeking restaurant in Westlake general area to suit a family with diverse needs
Good evening all,
As opinionated as I have been on this forum these past few years, and much as I try all the restaurants I can- I am in a bit of a quandry and grateful for any thoughts.
In two weeks there is to be a major family dinner here in town on a Thursday night. Here are the particulars I am dealing with,
1. Not a Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant.
2. Not Italian.
3. Above average to good food
4. Not terribly expensive (ie dinner for 8 not including alcohol and tip for $250ish is ideal)
5. Fairly close (10 miles) to Barton Creek Resort and no issues parking at all (ie no trips to SoCo.)
6. Preferably offering full bar in addition to beer and wine
7. At least a few healthy selections- as in salads, simple cooked veggies, plain chicken breasts etc.
8. Not a very crowded or noisy environment- reservations or walk-in with ease (7PM Thursday meal.)
This is an important event where I need to make sure the above particulars are honored as best as possible to keep everyone happy. Food quality needs to be above average to good, but is secondary to the above concerns.
Right now best option I can think of is Hangtown Grill at 360 and Bee Cave- and it really is the ideal choice except for option 6 above.
Many thanks for any thoughts you can offer!
ssouth- thanks for the recommendation! This is where we ended up going when I emailed everyone the menus of possible contenders and I was VERY impressed. A few of us did the chicken fried steak, ribs and pork chop "family style" and all three were excellent- with the pork being particularly well cooked and not the least bit overdone.
Izumi Sushi next door to Hangtown is quite tasty and has good bento boxes as well as sushi. Not sure about the full bar, though.