Please I need help planning an engagement party/diner in NYC for 15-20 people
I need help finding a nice restaurant in NYC with a private room for my engagement party/diner for 15-20 people. my budget is 80-100 before drink, tips, and tax. In addition to food, decor and ambiance are important to me as well. All cuisine welcome. One of my choice is Tamarind in tribeca. any thoughts? I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Maialino has a private room that it appears (from a cursory google) holds up to 22, with a $1250 minimum, putting it within your price range and guest count. im assuming its quite popular, so availability may be an isse - when are you trying to have this dinner? food and service-wise, the place is stellar.
In April I looked into holding a birthday party for my mother (for about 20 people) in the same price range and I came up with this list of restaurants/prices...
- Il Buco - Italian - Chef's table room - lowest prix fixe $85/person (family style 5 apps, choice of entree, family style desserts), price does not include drinks, room minimum $2000 for half night (6-9 or 9-midnight) or $2500 for full night
- Craftbar - private dining room (can seat up to 50) - prix-fixe menu starting at $75 per person, beverages are additional and charged on consumption - there is a food and beverage minimum of $1200 applied to that room, tax and gratuity not included.
- Hearth - private room (the guy was very nice and accommodating) - seats up to 28, you get the room for the whole night - $2,500 food and beverage minimum (before tax and tip), $500 deposit, 3-4 courses (3 options each) with family style sides, can choose a few wines ahead of time so everyone doesn't have to dig through their wine menu
- Toloache - (mom really likes this restaurant) private room, 6-8 or 8-10, set price of $125pp for premium open bar, apps, and 3 courses
- The Dutch - private room - maximum of 18, $2,500 food and beverage minimum - all food served family style
Locanda Verde, The Breslin and Ai Fiori were also in the same price range but they weren't available for the night we were looking for, so I didn't get exact quotes or details from them.
We ended up having a party catered at my parents' house, but I thought I'd at least pass along my research.
Hope that helps a bit!
The original comment has been removed