Traditional French Lunch Recs Near 14th, Paris
- chefathome Jul 8, 2012 10:38 AM
My husband and I are looking for traditional French lunch recs for the end of September. Our requirements:
- I have celiac BUT most fine restaurants' menus include many naturally GF dishes so am seeking a place where my requirements will be taking seriously
- budget 150-200 euros each without wine
- not too stuffy and no ties required (DH hates them) yet we love old world charm
- we both have extremely adventurous palates and are up to any unusual or unique suggestions
- we both love traditional dishes such as coq au vin, pot au feu, veal sweetbreads, bresse chicken, foie gras, truffles and so on
We would be grateful for any recommendations.
Check on search features as cuisine, noise, how crowded, are many things that vary. But in the 14th l think of Chez Regalade, but do not think open for lunch. Nearby is Le Grand Pan, a lovely cotes de whatever place but priced less than 1/2 of your targets. For the big bucks you might need to get lower in your arrondisement numbers.
My pick though not echoed by all on this board for very simple food but top ingredients is L'Ami Louis, my guaranteed lunch everytime in town.