Portland/Rockland/Camden Recs (with 5 yr old)?
We'll be in Portland and the Rockland-Camden area for a few days soon, with our 5 year old. I'm looking for some recommendations for the following:
1. Best place to eat dinner in Portland where we can get away with taking a kid with us (he does pretty well in restaurants).
2. Favorite not-too-touristy lobster/fresh seafood joints in the Portland area.
3. Best blueberry pie in the area.
4. Kid-friendly lunch or dinner stops in Camden.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You're going to food paradise - We go up to Portland with our 5-year-old often. A few thoughts & recommendations:
- Fantastic ice cream/gelato - Gelato Fiasco & Mount Desert Island Ice Cream
- Lucky Catch
- Otto pizza is probably our favorite pizza anywhere. Period. (And Flatbread Pizza on waterfront is also very nice and extremely family friendly.
)- Pacarino is an Italian pasta restaurant owned by a family from Italy - think sunny Amalfi coast, not red checkered table clothes - and is ultra-family friendly. Just enjoyed it on Sat.
- We're not seafood fans but we hear great things about Lobster Shack at Two Lights http://lobstershacktwolights.com/
- Love bagels? One Fifty Ate in South Portland was raved about in NY Times as having better bagels than you can find in NYC. We adore it.
- For sweets/pastries, Standard Baking was top 20 bakery in US in Saveur, and Two Fat Cats has astonishing Whoopie Pies (and regular pies, including blueberry) and has been on many a TV show.