Top Chef Masters Season 4 July 25th
Premieres July 25th.
Bravo announced the contestants today:
· Chris Cosentino: Chef/ Partner Incanto Restaurant, San Francisco; Competing for Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
· Clark Frasier: Owner of Arrows, Ogunquit, Maine; Competing for Outright Lewiston/Auburn
· Mark Gaier:Owner of Arrows, Ogunquit, Maine; Competing for Equality Maine Foundation
· Lorena Garcia: Owner of Lorena Garcia Cocina Restaurant, Miami; Competing for Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Inc
· Debbie Gold: Executive Chef of Kansas City’s The American Restaurant; Competing for Children’s TLC
· Kerry Heffernan: NYC Chef; Competing for City Harvest
· Thierry Rautureau: Chef/owner: Rover’s and Luc, Seattle; Competing for Food Lifeline
· Missy Robbins: Executive Chef: A Voce Madison & A Voce Columbus, New York; Competing for Grow to Learn NYC
· Art Smith: Executive Chef and co-owner: LYFE Kitchen and Southern Art Restaurants; Competing for Common Threads
· Sue Torres: Chef/Owner: Sueños, New York; Competing for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
· Takashi Yagihashi: Owner: Takashi Restaurant and Slurping Turtle, Chicago; Competing for the American Red Cross, benefitting the Japanese Tsunami Disaster Relief
· Patricia Yeo: Om Restaurant & Lounge/ Moksa Pan Asian Izakaya, Cambridge, Mass.; Competing for Heifer Project International
re: Worldwide Diner
Usu. they are established chefs who have been James Beard Award winners, or winners of other types of culinary achievements, and/or have received critical acclaim for their restaurants (e.g. 3 stars from NYT).
They usually have more gravitas than the up-and-comers of Top Chef contestants.
re: Worldwide Diner
Technically, I don't believe any of them are Certified Master Chefs through the rigorous program run by the ACF. Most people refer to established (and well-known within the industry) chefs who have mentored and/or trained other chefs as "Master Chefs."
As well, the name of the show is Top Chef Masters, not Top Master Chefs. (fwiw)
Thanks for posting. I was afraid that they weren't going to have a fourth season.
Chris Cosentino is the standout for me after a quick glance, and Art Smith should be fun. Patricia Yeo is working outside of Boston now, so I'll have a local to watch.
This is my favorite food reality show. There tends to be much less drama than the regular TC.
It's an interesting and very talented group of chefs. I'm a big fan of Takashi and Thierry Rautureau.