Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
May 11, 2012 06:37 AM

what kind of bake pan do i have ?

I recently received a cake pan from my mother in law ( who admitted she had never used it )
and I have no idea what kind of pan it is.
The pan is a springform pan with a removeable bottom. There is a long slim tube in the middle of the base. The pan is only 2 or 2 1/2" deep. I have seen pics of angel food cake pans but they all seem to be very deep.
What kind of recipes should I be baking in this pan ??

thanks :)

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
    1. re: kaleokahu

      here are photos of the pan thanks :)

      1. To me your pan looks like a cross between a springform and an angel food/chiffon cake pan. The lock on the side is what puzzles me. The pan is meant to open up and allow the sides to come cleanly off. And you say it isn't too deep. Does that mean it is a miniature pan?

        I don't think it is an angel food cake pan though because there aren't legs on the rim for on which the pan would be inverted after baking. (Referring to memory here.) I imagine someone on this board will recognize it.