A Foodie's trip to Emilia Romana
Thanks to so many on Chowhound for helping us with our restaurant choices during the last few weeks. Here's a rundown on where we went:
1. Milan -- a. --Trussardi Alla Scala - 2 * - expensive but and incredible experience - had the menu degustione and was in our top two meals -- super meal
b. also Sempione 42 - recommended by a friend(obviously) on chowhound but a regrettable choice.only open for 6 weeks, not many wines and food OK but not special. nice folks who had just moved from New England to start this restaurant.
2. Parma - PariZZi - good meal but not great -- celebrity chef who flys to Rome every week to film
3. near Cremaon and Mantove-- Dal Pescatore -- 3* --- a religious experience -- wonderful, wonderful meal -- best of trip. Great food, wine, servers, etc. Considered one of the top 25 in the world by many
4.Modena - Osteria Francescana -- highly rated 3 star -- good but in our opinion, not worth the incredible expense. Only 7 tables and more tradtional cooking
5. Ravenna -- meal recommended by our hotel and a disaster -- bad food and took 3 bottles of wine to fine one that was OK
6. Ferrara -- great meal at Don Giovanni. creative cooking, special wines, reasonable prices (sorta) -- a must for anyone spending the night here. Very enjoyeable
7. Lake Garda -- Villa Fiordalismo in Gardonbe Riviera -- we had the full blown everything meal - a ton of courses and exceptional, creative cooking-- the best in town -- a must for anyone in town
8. Verona - Il Desco - 2* - wonderful evening with off the wall cooking, w service and wines. expensive but work every penny. Many consider this the best meal in Verona
2nd night -- Osteria La Fontanina -- a more tradtional meal but still great -- less than 10 tables -- one of the most romantic venues we've ever been to. perfect evening to celebrate with your significant other
to be continued
Hi. Thanks for your report. Can we know the name of the disastrous restaurant in Ravenna recommended by your hotel?
Since several of the places where you ate are not in Emilia-Romagna, you might change your thread title if you still can or petition the Chowhound administration to do that for you. Then other people going to Milan or Verona or Lago di Garda will know to look at your thread.