White truffle paste
Been a long time reader but this is my first time posting.
My parents just came back from Italy and they brought me a tube of white truffle paste. I've never used the ingredient before but I have eaten it at restaurants before. I do have some knowledge of it but have been having a hard time for a recipe that calls for the paste. Any chowhounders out there have a personal favorite?
We buy this quite regularly at the gourmet food store across the street from our house. It's dangerously delicious.
Here are a couple of our uses for it:
- mashed potatoes
- tossed in with sauteed mushrooms
- tossed in with plain boiled pasta
- tossed in with any cream based pasta sauce
- tossed in with hot popcorn (this has got to be one of my favourites)
- the ultimate: tossed in with hot, freshly made french fries sprinkled with sea salt and parsley
- added to risotto
- my sister and I made the cauliflower kraft dinner one night and added some white truffle paste. Poor people food made fancy!
I'd probably eat white truffle paste off of a flip flop.
Truffles work well on their own but I also enjoy them with mushrooms.
I'd probably make a mixed mushroom pasta or risotto and include some of the paste in that.
You could try mixing a little in with scrambled eggs as well, truffle is often paired with fried eggs, might work in an omelet of some sort.
Put some in mashed potatoes for a beautiful truffle mashed potato.