ISO: 1 amazing dinner for parents traveling without kids
My husband and I will be in LV in July. We will have one Friday night to have an amazing dinner of our choice, without kids in tow (for a change).
* We would rather spend not more than $250 total, including one bottle of wine. We'll go $300 if it's truly amazing food and unique atmosphere.
* We are adventurous eaters, but we also enjoy gourmet versions of familiar foods. One of my favorite prior LV dinners was Red Square at Mandalay.
* We especially like a place with extraordinary desserts, not your run-of-the-mill creme brûlée, cheesecake, or key lime pie. We are willing to do dessert at a separate location from dinner.
* We are in our 30's and want to go somewhere comfortable, where we won't be side-eyed by 20-something couture models wondering what the old people are doing there. (This is less important than the food though - food is first.)
* We get our fill of outstanding Asian food at home, so $50 kung pao chicken isn't at the top of our list, although amazing sushi is a possibility.
If you want something truly special...elegant, gorgeous room, and quiet, with wonderful service and absoltely outstanding food (including desserts), it's very tough to top Le Cirque. It will be a very special and romantic evening. I think it is probably doable for $300, but hope another CH will chime in on this.
Thank you all. Sage and Le Cirque have been among my top choices. I didn't know about The Barrymore, but it looks like a good possibility as well. I have two months until I need to think about making a reservation. *sigh* too many good possibilities and only one night!
(fortunately, I also have a LV trip with girlfriends in October, so whichever ones I don't hit this summer, there's another chance)
Thanks so much again!
My wife and I loved Le Cirque on our last trip 2 months ago, on Valentines Day. But the most spectacular meal we have ever had ( been going there for 30 years) in Las Vegas (including surroundings) was at Picasso. We sat outside in the patio and the fountains were next to our location. Priceless.
P.S. A July night should be wonderful al fresco.