Country Sweet Chicken and RIbs Sauce [moved from New York State board]
I used to live in Rochester and I am looking for a recipe as close as possible to the hot sauce used on the chicken wings at the Country Sweet restaurants. I know that Wegmans sells it but I am hundreds of miles from a Wegmans! And I'd rather not pay shipping. Does anyone have a recipe or know the "secret" ingredients?
There are a few on these listed if you Google it, here is one:
Here is a very close recipe for Boss Sauce (Country Sweet Sauce).
1. 2 Cups cider vinegar.
2. 1 ¼ Cups sugar.
3. 6 oz. Honey (add more for thicker sweater sauce).
4. 6 oz. Mustard.
5. 2oz. Ketchup.
6. 3oz. Frank’s Red-Hot. ( Texas Pete )
7. 1ea. 6 oz. can crushed pineapple. Puree in blender.
8. Crushed red pepper flakes, your choice. 2 Tbs. = Med.
1. Combine first 3 ingredients and use medium heat until sugar is dissolved and watery.
2. Then add the next 3 ingredients.
3. Drain pineapple and puree in blender then add to sauce.
4. Add Red pepper flakes and bring mixture to boil. ( Caution: Boils over easily.)
5. Add 1Tsp. Cornstarch and water to boiling sauce to thicken.
6. Add 6-8 ice cubes to cool then simmer ½ hour.
The original comment has been removed