Remortgaged house, kids and dogs given away, new spandex pants -- where to go?
Many thanks to you kind responders on our trip to Emilia Romania. Question -- any comments
on our choices so far?
1. Milan - two nights Caracco or Trussardi Alla Scal - 2nd night -- Alice
2. near Parma -- Dal Pescatore
3. Parma -- Parizzi, Cocchi, Da Ivan or La Buca
4. Modena -- Osteria Francescana or Arnoldos Clinica Gastronomic
5. Padua -- La Calandrino
6. Ferrara -- Zarrerano , L Ocva Guiliva or La Providenza
7. Verona -- Arche or Il Desco
8. Ravenna -- San Dominico (Imola) or La Gardela (simpler)
9.Lake Garda (2 nights) Villa Fiordaliso , Capriccio, La Rucola or La Tortuga
I realize we may get fooded out so will probably have to get a simpler meal or two at some
point. Any musts or must nots? We've been to Italy a fair number of times but this is our first time to this area
We leave in two weeks
Hope your numbering of 1 to 9 is not the order you that you will be traveling.
I've been once to Cracco, Dal Pescatore, Parizzi (twice in the early 80s when it was a terrific traditional restaurant, can still remember the prosciutto, roasted porcini, stinco and the wheel of aged Parmigano), il Calandrino, San Domenico (more than 20 years ago). The only must on of this list is Dal Pescatore which we hope to return soon. il Calandrino, the trattoria of the Alajmo, is in Sarmeola di Rubano, outside of Padua.
Allende -- thanks for the advice.
1. Sorry about the spelling on Cracco - computer swallowed my whole post just as I was finishing it and had to start over.
2. .Arche is off my list
3. this was not the order of our trip -- just the places we want to visit
4. Have heard so many wonderful posts on La Buca and Da Ivan. I suspect we'd love to try
them out.. We've been to Italy maybe 7 or 8 times and while we love the grand meal, it's fun to go to a Agritourismo or something simple that serves spectacular food.
Will try to post a note here once we get back.
Any other musts on our trip?
Dal Pescatore is nowhere near Parma.
Do not ever go to Arche.
If you go to Parizzi and like it, do not go to Da Ivan or La Buca. If you go to Da Ivan or La Buca and like them, do not go to Parizzi.
I presume you are speaking about L'Oca Giuliva in Ferrara. Wonderful place, but essentially a wine bar with good food.
Is that Cracco in Milan that you are thinking of going to, or is there a new restaurant that I haven't been to called Caracco?