Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Home Cooking >
Mar 18, 2012 10:03 AM

Accidentally bought a cherry chip cake mix. What can I do with it?


I foolishly grabbed 3 on sale cake mixes off the shelf thinking they were all chocolate fudge like the first one. Now I have a cherry chip, the only mix I don't like and don't have a "fix" for. Can anyone help me?

  1. I thought I just replied to this, oh well.....
    Make it and give it away, or give the unopened box to a local food pantry.

    1. i see this op 4 times?

      +1 on giving it to a pantry.

      1. Big day for accidents- you accidentally posted this 6 times. You could return it, on purpose.

        1. Do you not have a receipt? If unopened, the store should take it and exchange that for you.

          1. It's irritating getting stuck with the mixed stock switch-up, isn't it? You could add either dry chocolate instant pudding or (I imagine) cocoa to the mix and get a chocolate cherry cake.