Grocery Outlet March, 2012
Oakland Grocery Outlet two days ago:
- $3.99 Chalk Hill Estate Bottled Sauvignon Blanc Sonoma 2006. Haven't tried it yet but some nice reviews on the web. ABV 14.4%, grown, produced and bottled by Chalk Hill, Healdsburg.
- $5.99 Michel-Schlumberger Red Wine Sonoma 2007. Estate grown and bottled in Healdsburg, high ABV of 15.4%, has a spicy bite of black cherry and cinnamon or clove.
- $4.00 for case of 12-16 oz. bottles. Bob Marley's Mellow Mood Lite, half lemonade/half tea with chamomile, lemon balm, valerian root, hops, passion flower, melatonin, 10% fruit juice. Only 40 calories per 8 oz. Very soooothing and great price (about 33 cents/bottle) probably because it has a best buy date of 3/2012.
- $1.29 Old Orchard frozen Cranberry Pomegranate Juice concentrate with apple, aronia, grape juices, 12 oz. Other flavors available. 100% juice with no added sugar. When I see frozen 100% juice concentrates, I always grab a bunch at these prices.
- $2.99 for 11 oz. Lou's Famous Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Skinless Chicken Sausages (4). Chicken raised without the use of antibiotics, fed natural grains and no artificial ingredients or nitrates/nitrates used. From Lou's Naturals of Woodstown, NJ. The sausages don't have a pork or other type of casing so they don't have the "snap" that others might but I prefer the skinless.
PICKLES, ICE CREAM & CAKE
- $2.99 Mt. Olive Dills, 80 oz. glass jar.
- $1.99 Häagen-Dazs Cranberry Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream, 14 oz.
- $6.99 Authentic Gourmet Frozen Raspberry Cake, 21.9 oz.
GOURMET SHELVES (ABOVE FREEZER SECTIONS)
- $5.99 for two jars of 26 oz. Smucker's Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. Works out to about $1.84/lb for a quality peanut butter with only salt added. Best used by date of 3/27/12.
- $1.29 Coconut Dream Orignal drink, 32 oz. tetra pak. Made with real coconut and has 3 grams of medium chain fatty acids per 8 oz. serving which it claims are more easily metabolized than some other fatty acids. It makes an excellent creamer for coffee and also comes in vanilla flavor. Distributed by Hain Celestial.
Grocery Outlet - Oakland
Oakland, CA 94611
Berkeley, Wednesday 3/7: Strauss Organic European Style butter, lightly salted, $2.49 for a pound. Can't say it tastes much different than my regular butter, but that's a good price for organic. Sell by date of 6/30/12.
Fresh Asparagus - $0.99 - Labeled as US grown. Mostly the pencil thin variety but there were some bundles that were thumb-thickness.
3 pack Romaine hearts - $0.99
Oakland store seemed very well stocked today.
$1.99 quart Horizon organic "cream top" plain yogurt
$2.99 lb Horizon organic butter
$2.99 Maranantha chocolate almond butter
$1.49 -- 4 pack 8.8 oz. Silk dark chocolate almond milk (also sold individually for 50 cents)
.89 small bottle Smart Juice organic tart cherry juice (product of Turkey)
A selection of Elizabethan Pantry preserves ("handmade" in England). Pretty good ingredients. I bought some tiny jars of brandy butter for 99 cents, some golden mint jelly and some cranberry chili chutney ($2.49)
99 cents (hearts of romaine, 3 in a bag)
$1.99 2lb roma tomatoes on vine "guaranteed pesticide free" (produced in Arizona)