Suggestions for pizza topping combinations, please!
I love making my own pizza, but I'm in a rut - stuck on the same few pizza topping combinations.
What are your favorite toppings?
(No seafood or olives, please)
Some are boring (pineapple and pepperoni or ham) but some more interesting are:
- caramelized onions, rosemary, blue cheese. Instead of tomato sauce, use ricotta
- spinach, chicken, feta
- pesto, Brie. Mango
1) Hot Italian sausage, feta, banana peppers, fresh tomatoes at the end.
2) Smoked salmon, capers, fresh tomatoes (ranch or cream cheese sauce base)
3) Seared beef strips, brie, arugula at the end, finish with good quality OVOO.
4) Vegetarian with garlic white sauce base, artichokes, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers with cheddar/mozza blend on top. (I also like cilantro on this one, but some people don't)
I have had pizza made with bbq sauce as the pizza sauce with chicken and cheese.. Yum...A version that is chicken, cheese, and ranch. Same idea as above. My fav was Taco pizza. Building from the bottom up was salsa, cheese, Taco seasoned burger browned nicely.. then after removing from the oven they slathered a bunch of sour cream and shredded lettuce on it. The combo of hot and cold was excellent! :)