Quebec City French recommendation outside the walls?
Expensive to Medium:
- Laurie Raphael (solide all the time)
- Initiale (For the next time)
- La Fenouillière (To die for)
- Panache (Delicious Brunch, only able to reserve for brunch)
- Toast (Very good)
- Le cafe du monde (just like a french bistro, alway full... My Favorite)
- L'echaude (Delicious Brunch)
- Aviatic (Not bad)
My first choice might be Le Moine Échanson : http://www.lemoineechanson.com/ (upper town but outside the walls). Not fancy french cuisine but definitely home french cuisine with a twist. Private importation wines, all organic.
Le Clocher Penché dowtown is also very good. Bistro style : http://www.clocherpenche.ca/
If your definition of french food is liberal i also recommand you L'Affaire est Ketchup. Good, friendly, no pretention, noisy, festif : http://laffaireestketchup.net/