Pitch Magazine predicts top Kansas City food trends of 2012
1. We’ll go from Groupon to Youpon [personalized deals direct from restaurants
]2. The food-truck herd will thin
3. You will eat a vegetarian dish and forget you love meat.
4. Kansas will keep getting sister restaurants from KCMO
5. More pop-ups are on the way
6. More celebrity chefs are coming to town
7. Kansas City will get another beer garden.
8. Coffee nerds are the new beer geeks.
9. The deli makes a comeback.
10. The noodle-bar trend finally arrives in Kansas City.
Last fall I remember there was supposed to be a "food truck fair" in Westport. My girlfriend and I went down there to see but it was really sad. There were maybe 10 trucks and all seemed really mundane. We were both disappointed. I did have a couple of nice tacos from a pushcart though.
Edit: here's a story from Pitch about a controversy surrounding the Dog Nuvo truck at this event.