Post the Three Favorite Things You Ate in a Restaurant in So. NE in 2011
Total transparency -- This is a direct steal of a topic from the legendary CH poster Striper from the Boston Board. Just thought it would be a fun thread for this Board as well. I'll get things started...
1. Cod at Pip's in Ivoryton, CT (perfectly cooked, moist, tender, was on prix fixe XMAS eve menu)
2. Chow Kwei Teow at Char Koon 1800 in Canton, CT (perfect melding of scallops, shrimp with rice fettucini and veggies)
3. Shrimp Scampi at Ruffino's in Old Saybrook (this place is really good but there's never more than a few occupied tables when we're there)
I'll do it! Pretty simple stuff for me:
1. Freshly shucked littleneck clams on the beach at Menemsha, MV (sorry, it's not a restaurant, but I have to be truthful here)
2. Fried whole belly clams at the Williamsburg Snack Bar, Wiliamsburg, MA
3. Grass fed burger at the Dirty Truth in Northampton. Perfectly cooked (medium rare) every time.
Nice steal...here's mine:
1) Petite Clambake at 28 Atlantic, Harwich (Tender and sweet poached lobster, pan roasted littleneck, Yukon gold potato, white asparagus and corn pudding.
2) Roasted Rack of Lamb Persillade at the Red Pheasant in Dennis Village
( Two crusted double cut chops with lamb jus, gratin potatoes & a Shy Brothers cloumage panna cotta )
3) Pan Roasted littlenecks and linguica at The Dolphin in Barnstable Center (Okay, this was a bit of a mistake. I ordered a double order of what I thought was a 6 clam appetizer a few weeks earlier. What I got was a double entree order.....TWO dozen littlenecks in a spicy, lemon and wine and garlicky broth with spicy chunks of linguica. Served with a house made garlic bread to soak up all that goodness.)
1. Cricket Creek Pork Scrapple, slow poached egg and bacon ketchup at Nudel in Lenox, MA
2.Crispy Lamb Neck with couscous, cracked wheat, pickled peppers, spicy olives and chick peas at Nudel in Lenox, MA
3.The Squealer: grass fed beef ground together with house made bacon with chipotle mayo at The People's Pint in Greenfield, MA
1. Sauteed eggplant layered with mozzarella and light tomato sauce at Liana's Trattoria in Fairfield, CT.
2. Chianti braised short ribs at Nicholas Roberts Bistro in Norwalk, CT.
3. Ham and cheese croissant at the Sono Baking Company & Cafe, Norwalk, CT.
I had one of the best Rissoto dishes I have ever had at Retrovo's in East Greenwich/ Warwick RI
The appetizers at Zooma in Providence are great especially the Calamari.
For breakfast it would be a toss up between Nick's on Broadway's Fritatta or the Liberty Elm Diner's Huevos Rancheros.